Cash for Classrooms 2018-19 School Year
Deadline for entries: Extended to Monday, December 3, 2018
The Cash for Classrooms grants program is a collaborative effort between Misty’s Dance Unlimited and Coulee Parenting Connection since 2011 to help fill gaps in education funding for useful projects and materials of relatively minor expense (up to $250) that contribute to students’ love of learning. In that time, we’ve donated more than $30,000 to support local schools.
The information that you will include in the application form will provide Misty’s Dance Unlimited and Coulee Parenting Connection with the data needed to determine whether or not to fund your project. Applications must be for students in grades kindergarten to 12 at a public or private school in the Coulee Region (La Crosse, Holmen, Onalaska, West Salem, and La Crescent, Minn. and surrounding communities). Narrative must be a collaboration of students with parents and educators. Entries may be published in upcoming issues of Coulee Parenting Connection.
- Requests may be for learning opportunities that are new, denied, or no longer funded due to budget cuts. The intention of this grant is to fund projects not covered by the regular school budget. Please indicate if regular avenues of funding have been exhausted or this is an expense eliminated from a budget.
- Grant checks must be cashed within 30 days of receipt and project funds must be used by February 2019.
Applications will be reviewed on a competitive basis by committee. Priority is given for grants that:
- meet basic educational objectives;
- promote literacy and/or the arts;
- involve collaboration with students and/or parents and/or other classrooms/schools;
- and are sustainable.
- Complete the grant application. CLICK HERE.
- Your application must be postdated no later than Tues., Nov. 27. Applications should be mailed to:
Coulee Parenting Connection, P.O. Box 2576, La Crosse, WI 54602-2576
If you have questions, please e-mail Lissa Carlson at email@example.com.